a.comment-link:before{content:"76";}

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Weeping Palestinian

Today I saw a weeping Palestinian man holding a plastic bag of meat: it was his son

gaza_brian_eno_letter_460.jpg

I suddenly found myself thinking that it could have been one of my kids in that bag, says Brian Eno, and that thought upset me more than anything has for a long time.

 

Dear All of You:
I sense I'm breaking an unspoken rule with this letter, but I can't keep quiet any more. 
Today I saw a picture of a weeping Palestinian man holding a plastic carrier bag of meat. It was his son. He'd been shredded (the hospital's word) by an Israeli missile attack - apparently using their fab new weapon, flechette bombs. You probably know what those are - hundreds of small steel darts packed around explosive which tear the flesh off humans. The boy was Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra. He was 4 years old.
I suddenly found myself thinking that it could have been one of my kids in that bag, and that thought upset me more than anything has for a long time.
Then I read that the UN had said that Israel might be guilty of war crimes in Gaza, and they wanted to launch a commission into that. America won't sign up to it. 

Read More....

 

No comments: